1. Bid and set budgets fairly. Bidders must fully understand the requirements of the project prior to accepting it.
3. Conduct adequate due diligence on individuals, contractors or businesses prior to accepting a project or accepting a winning bidder.
4. Check licenses, references, and any other requirements prior to conducting business with an individual or a company. Licensing requirements differ from state to state. Check with your local Secretary Of State or business governing body.
5. Communicate clearly and often in order to make sure that projects are completed as expected.
6. Put everything agreed upon in writing and make sure it is signed by both parties prior to starting a project. Contract templates are a quick and easy way to make sure you have all the reqirements specified. Find these by doing an online search.